I'm Robin. I'm a 21 year old grad student who spends her whole life thinking about flute and music (and Totoro). I have struggled with oral surgeries and sometime post about it, but not very often. I post what I like, mostly music, and love answering any questions you may have! If you put instruments on music stands you shouldn't follow me.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
kathsmusic: In reply to the adult student question: I've had several adult students, and so has my partner, and this is generally how we work with them. Most adult students are taking lessons for their own reasons, and are usually interested in doing what they want. Many of them will not practice, but do value the time they spend with you. Let them lead the lesson if they are that type, and do explain to them what you would do and why. Don't try to "be in charge". You'll lose them.
Katherine is wonderful. Thanks!